Do you ever have any problems when you try to send PDF Files through email? The problem that you get is the resolution or the size of the file is too big? Don’t worry, everything will have any solution. Well, actually there are a lot of ways how to reduce PDF file size whether through online or even through offline. Most of people have been well-known with the PDF reducer software, meanwhile, there are also another ways that we can use and utilize such as Microsoft Office- Word or even Adobe Acrobat XI Pro application.
5 Ways How To Reduce Pdf File Size Through Offline And Online
Based on the title, it will directly declare the way how to reduce PDF File size through online also through offline which produces kind of result based on the content itself even sometimes if the file consists of many pictures the result is a bit not significant. Here are the 5 ways that we can use. From those 5 ways, every single app produce different qualities and also a different sizes too. So this is the result when it has been compared.
- Microsoft Word 2016 4 MB becomes 952 KB
- Free PDF Compressor – 850 KB.
- Adobe Acrobat XI Pro – 842 KB (A bit blur result)
- SmallPDF – 675 KB
- ORPALIS PDF Reducer – 821 KB
1. Compress PDF file size using Microsoft Word
If you are the users of Microsoft Office 2013 and up, so you can utilize the Microsoft Word 2013 or up to reduce the size of PDF file, and here are the steps and I will use Microsoft Word 2016 to reduce PDF file size.
- Open Microsoft Word 2016, then Choose File – Open then search your PDF File.
- When we make PDF file on Office, it will automatically be converted to the Microsoft Word at the first. If there is a pop up announcement, then click OK to continue it.
- After the document has been opened, Save As that file turns back to the PDF by choosing File – Save As or CTRL + S
- Choose Save as type: PDF (*pdf) and Optimize for: Minimum size ( publishing online), then click Save.
2. Reduce PDF file size Through Free PDF Compressor Software
The superiority of this app is easy to be used but the weakness here is it can only compress one file at one process. This app has 5 ratio compress those are the screen, e-book, printer, prepress, and default. Those 5 settings differ based on the quality of the file which produced. If you want to get the smallest one, you have to try a screen setting. Here are the steps to use Free PDF Compressor Software
- Download the app through freepdfcompressor. com after that install it on your personal computer (PC), then run it.
- After it has been opened, choose the Browse button then search your PDF file that you want to reduce the size.
- To begin, click the Compress button and wait till it has done.
Well, it can be called as the most satisfying PDF reducer because from the original file with 4 MB Size after it has been compressed the result becomes 850 KB. Surprisingly, after it has been opened the result are still the same with the previous one. It means that whether it was a letter of text or even the picture it can be scan perfectly with this application. So this is the most recommended one.
3. Compress PDF file size using Adobe Acrobat XI PRO
The third alternative that we can use to compress PDF File is by using the Adobe Acrobat XI PRO. So here are the steps of use it.
- Run the Adobe Acrobat then open your PDF File.
- Choose File Menu then Save As Other then Reduced Size PDF.
- On Make compatible with is the Retain existing then OK.
- Save your file by using the new name.
4. Compress PDF file size through online
For the first, actually in out there, there so many sites which provide PDF compress services and the best one here is the small PDF app. This site was so easy to be used. You don’t need to register and any other. You just need to upload the file, compress and download the result, so here are the steps.
- Visit smallpdf. com/id/mengompres-pdf page.
- Drag and drop PDF file from your Personal Computer (PC) or your another device, then click “Choose File”
- Wait a minute until the upload process 100% finished and the compressing process automatically running.
- After it has been finished, click “Download”
5. Reduce PDF file size using ORPALIS PDF Reducer Free app
The fourth alternative here and quite properly to you who searching for free software, easy to be used and safe of course, because you don’t need to upload file like when compressing the file through online in small PDF app. Here are the complete details:
- Download and install from this site: www.orpalis. com/products/pdfreducer/download/ (choose the free one) the size is about 14 MB.
- Run the app, wait for 7 seconds then click OK.
- When the first time you run the Options – Tab General then in Input Mode side, choose Files selection then choose Apply.
- Search your PDF file that you want to compress by click on the Source. After that, on Destination determine where is the folder that you want to save with, because it will directly save when it has done.
- The last one is click the Start Batch button and when it is done.
It would better if the PDF file compress becomes smaller, check again the file and compare with the original one and always try to scan the application that you are going to use in order that to get a safe result. Hopefully it would be beneficial for you. Goodluck !