Nowadays, a smartphone becomes very necessary since everyone uses it as a communication tool. With your phone, you could have a phone call, a video call, or send short messages easily. Android, now, becomes very popular because it stores many apps and works faster than other smartphones. Well, a smartphone’s performance will depend on a phone’s RAM, too. Updating your phone might also increase the phone’s performance. Recently, how to update to Android 10 becomes a hot topic among the people. Why must Android 10? Because that’s a new updated Android version that supports more secure privacy and many more. Anyway, the way to update to Android 10 Pixel will be the same as the other devices. Well, let’s check the details below!
Ways to Update to Android 10 Manually
There are some ways to update to Android 10 manually for Android Pixel users. What are they? Let’s check them out in the following points!
1. Check your phone!
To update to Android 10, you could check your phone. Go to your phone’s Setting. Then, search and tap the ‘System’ located on the bottom space. After that, go for the ‘Advanced’ setting. Tap the ‘System Update’ and then ‘Check for Update’. Then, it is written whether or not your phone uses Android 10. If yours does not, click ‘Update My System’. This first way might be the easiest one to follow. Of course, you need to connect your phone data to the internet because you are going to download and install the new Android 10 system on your phone. If you want, you are free to use the WiFiconnection, too. Do not forget to reboot your device once you are successful in downloading and installing the software.
2. Sideload your device!
This second way might harm your phone if you are not successful in sideloading it. Therefore, it is best not to use this second way if you are a newbie and know nothing about Android software. However, if you know well about Android software development kit, Windows software, Linux Mint, or macOS, you might use this step. The first thing you need to do is downloading the Android development kit (SDK) from its official web. Then, install the software by following instructions given.
3. Enable your USB debugging and developer setting
If you want to update to Android 10, make sure you have turned on your USB debugging and developer setting. If you do not, let you go to the ‘Setting’ option on your device. Then, tap ‘About the Phone’ and ‘Build Number’ for seven times until you see the developer dialog box. On your phone system, choose the developer option. Then, do all the instructions given to you such as turning on the OEM unlocking, etc.
4. Unlock your bootloader
Unlocking the phone’s bootloader is an easy task to do. You just need to long-press the ‘Power Button’ and the ‘Volume Down Button’ at the same time. then, you will see the bootloader menu. If it said it has not been unlocked, you need to unlock it by having a factory reset to your device. Of course, this might make you lose all the apps you have downloaded. Therefore, it is best to back up all your files first.
5. Flash the firmware image
Flashing the firmware image is one of the ways to update to Android 10 manually. To do this, you need to connect your device to your PC. Update your device by having a fast-boot flash including the firmware image, the device’s radio, and the system image.
The Advantages of Updating Your Android Phone
People want to update to Android 10 because they will get some advantages. What are they? Let’s check it out below!
1. Updated fully-gesture navigation. The navigation staple on your Android will be updated with fully-gesture navigation. To find the menu or apps, you just need to swipe up your screen. Easy, right?
2. Dark mode and new themes exist. You might be able to change your phone’s color theme to be black, green, purple, ocean, orchid, cinnamon, or space. That must be great, right?
3. Live caption feature. Do you get difficulty understanding people who speak a different language? Do not worry about it anymore. There will be a live caption feature which will translate it to English offline without you need to use your internet.
4. Great privacy. You might handle all things including sharing your apps, hiding your location, giving your device a password, etc. You can control all things easily and fast.
5. Improved apps and sharing menu. There are many developed apps along with the sharing menu which might be a big help for you.
Finally, to update to Android 10 is not an easy task for a beginner. Therefore, it is best to ask for professional help to update the device’s software to your Android. Of course, you need to go to the phone center to ask for their service. Make sure you take cash with you.