Talking about social media apps, people like to use Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Gmail, and Instagram. Instagram is one of the apps that let you share your pictures with others. Many artists even have Instagram. To access it, you could use your phone or PC. Of course, you need to connect to your internet data. When you open it, you could activate dark mode on Instagram to save your battery since accessing the internet may require much energy. Anyway, this time, we are going to discuss how to activate dark mode on Instagram for Android and iPhone users. OK, let’s check how to do it for further info below!
How to Activate Instagram Dark Mode For iPhone Users
How to activate Instagram dark mode becomes a frequent question asked by people recently. It is easy to do it. You can activate dark mode on the iPhone’s Instagram app on any kind of iPhone model with iOS 13. Then, how to do it? Let you follow these steps in the following details!
1. Check your iPhone software
As it has been said before, you can activate dark mode on Instagram on all iPhone models. However, you must make sure that your iPhone model uses iOS 13. If its software is not iOS 13, it is a must for you to update your software first. You just need to go to the ‘Setting’ and click ‘System Updater’, download the iOS 13 version.
2. Check your Instagram last update
Not only your software but your Instagram app also needs to be updated as well to activate dark mode on Instagram. Go to the Apple Store and download the last updated Instagram version. Of course, you need to have an internet data connection to download the latest Instagram even though it is free.
3. Time to activate your dark screen
Let you activate dark mode on Instagram by choosing the ‘Setting’ menu on your iPhone. Then, tap ‘Display’. After that, you need to choose ‘Dark Mode’. Well, you are done! That must be easy, right? Well, if you want to be back to your normal screen, go to the ‘Setting’, tap ‘Display’, and select ‘Light Mode’.
All iPhone with iOS 13 software versions may indeed activate dark mode on Instagram but iPhone 5S is an exception.
Activating the dark mode on Instagram For Android Users
To activate dark mode on Instagram on Android will be similar to the iPhone! Let’s see some steps to do it in the following details below!
1. Check your Android software
As for your additional information, only Android with OS Android 10 can activate the dark mode. Therefore, let you make sure to check whether or not your Android uses OS 10 software. If its software is not OS 10, you need to update your software first. You just need to go to the ‘Setting’ and look for the ‘System Updater’ there. Then, tap ‘Updating the software. Check here to update to Android 10.
2. Check your Instagram last update
The old Instagram version does not support the dark mode theme. Therefore, you need to have the latest Instagram version which supports the dark mode feature. Go to your Play Store and download the updated Instagram app version. You are free to use a phone data connection or WiFi connection to download it.
3. Activate your dark screen
To activate the dark mode, go to the ‘Setting’ menu on your Android. Then, tap ‘Display’ and turn on the ‘Night Mode’. That’s all! It is easy, right? Well, if you want to go back to your normal screen, go to the ‘Setting’, choose ‘Display’, and tap turn off the ‘Light Mode’.
The Advantages of Activating the Dark Mode
There are many advantages to applying how to activate the Instagram dark mode. What are they? Let’s check it out below!
1. Save your battery. When you are browsing the internet, you need to connect your phone data or Wi-Fi. Using a WiFi connection will keep your battery but if you use your phone data, your battery will run out fast. Therefore, use the dark mode. It uses minimum lightening so it might save your phone battery effectively.
2. Less tiring to the eyes. Reading the text on your phone is tiring to the eyes. That is why books still exist until now. However, some sources are available only on the internet so you need to read it online. Then, if you activate the dark mode, it may less tiring to the eyes, at least.
3. Cool appearance. Having a dark mode might make your phone’s theme looks cool and catchy. Most of the people use the dark theme for their smartphone or even PC.
Finally, activating the dark mode on your Instagram must offer you some benefits. However, it is wise to not to force your phone to the dark mode. Some devices do not support this kind of dark mode. If you force it, you might damage your smartphone or even cannot operate it.